These delicious Chicken Puffs can be used as a snack during your Hi-Tea or present these to your guests as an appetizer they will remember.
- 2 cups Chicken Boneless
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Large White Onion Chopped
- ½ cup Milk or as needed
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 pack Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Boil Chicken in a pot and shred it finely.
- First, we will make the base of white sauce. Melt some butter in a pan on medium heat. Once melted, add chopped white onion and let it change its color.
- Now add all purpose flour in it and stir consistently so the flour is mixed well with butter. Let this mixture cook for a few minutes.
- Now add milk slowly while you stir consistently.
- Add shredded chicken in this base of white sauce.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Make sure everything is mixed well in the mixture.
- Concictency should neither be too thick nor too thin. Once cool off, this mixture will thicken because of presence of flour in it.
- Let it cool down.
- Heat your oven at 350°F.
- With puff pastries, there are lot of shape you can choose to make. I prefer making triangles.
- Fill the chicken mixture in your desired shapes of puff pastry.
- Now brush a beaten egg over the puffs and place them carefully on an oven safe pan. Make sure to oil the base of the pan.
- Put in the oven for around 20 to 25 minutes. Once ready, take the puffs out and get ready to eat the snack that doubles as a meal ;).