Easy and Quick Homemade Butter
Make butter at home! Once you try it, there is no looking back.
- Food Processor
- Cheese Cloth
- 2 packs Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Ice cold water
- I use heavy cream from Horizon brand. It is available in most super markets. You can choose whichever brand you prefer.
- I use 2 packs to make a batch each time. You can use 1 or 3 packs of heavy cream as per your pereference.
- I use my handy dandy food processor by Kitchen Aid for most of my cooking. Making butter could have never been easier without this. I have seen people using their blenders also to make butter. Feel free to use the kitchen equipment you have available.
- Add two packs of heavy cream into the food processor and run it on high. After a few minutes the heavy cream will start to thicken.
- After 5 to 6 minutes (depending on your equipment) you will see lumps of butter seperating from the water.
- At this point you can add ice cold water. This will help the butter to seperate from butter milk by getting harder.
- Once all the butter is seperated from the butter milk, take spoonfuls of butter out and put it on a piece of cheese cloth.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of butter. You will end up with white liquid, which infact is butter milk. You can store this butter milk to later use in other recipes.
- Enjoy your freshly made butter as a topping on a snack or use it in place of processed oils for your cooking. Watch out for the calories you gain after this!!